Hello Everybody

Welcome! This blog will cover my study abroad in Belgium! I hope you find it interesting, enjoyable, and fun. Please feel free to contact me with any questions/comments via e-mail. If you have any problems with the blog please let me know.
Lauren

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Let's Party!!

My first "soirée" in Belgium....WOW....I've never experienced anything like it! The party was organized through movement jeunesse for a fundraiser. No; we don't sell cookies like US scouts; we throw parties in Belgium. I arrrived around ten fifteen with my sister and her friends. After I got there I met up with my friends from school. The location was basically a big room and there was a DJ and a bar. The theme was 80's so the music was really good; but strange because it was mostly in English; so I knew nearly all the songs and the few songs in French I had already heard on the radio. You could buy drinks at the "bar". Most people drank beer. It was mostly young people; kids from school and surrounding area; but almost everyone drank beer and lots of people smoke, blah. Everyone dances and there were lights and a discoball. It was basically like a minidisco. If you read the post about the wedding that party was just an after wedding dance compared to this. It is hard to explain; but it was definitely different. Anyways; I danced with my friends and returned to the house around 2 in the morning. We left the party at about one thirty; which was early! I was so tired!!! We got home; had a big drink of water because your throat it totally dry from the smokers and then put all our clothes in the laundry because they absolutely reeked and then crawled into bed. I slep until 9 the next morning! (really late for me; i'm usually up around six twenty) I woke up and first thing took a shower and then changed my sheets; because everything smelled smoky. But overall; it was lots of fun and I am planning on going to another party in a couple weeks for a friend's birthday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

salut Lauren...seems like you experienced your first european party;););)good for you!But don`t start to drink beer and don`t smoke...!!I know I don`t have to say this to you but as your big sister I felt like I had to!;)
Are you excited for christmas in a foreign country?...
Was it snowing too in belgium the last couple days??...I looooove snow!I already had my first snowball fight..(i`ve lost..:(..)
I have to go now...Take care and write back soon..
Love,Jeanine

JeJo said...

That's quite the soiree description, Lauren. When you left for the party is when we go to bed! I'm with you on stinky smoke, though, it definitely lingers. What's with the nutcracker photo? I'm sorry but you remind me of one of the munchkin palace guards in the Wizard of Oz! Glad you are having such a great time -- remember my motto -- laissez les bon temps roulez!

M, D and E said...

You are learning how to socialize like a European! It sounds like you had a great time. How do you get back and forth to these kinds of events? Train? We aren't too sure about the new look...

Lauren said...

For transportation we carpool with other people or my parents drive.